I was EXTREMELY surprised and thrilled to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by someone of whom I’m a big fan — Swiss Ami Mom at The Starting End.
Unfortunately, life got in my way and I haven’t been able to properly thank her for the nomination. So a very belated – THANK YOU!
My writing last year got pretty heavy toward the end of the year, but I really tried to stretch myself with different types of writing and I hope to do the same this year (without such dark images or rather – substituting the darkness for macabre).
I am truly enjoying putting my thoughts “out there” into cyberland and am so thankful that you are reading. THANK YOU!
As part of the nomination, I need to give you all 7 facts about me… hmmmmmm
1) I am the proud mom of a 20-year old Severe Macaw named Dante (after my favorite writer of all time). She shares my home and my heart with my three children and 12 other creatures that live in our home.
2) My heart belongs in Italy although I don’t have a drop of Italian blood in me (that I know of).
3) If I could live anywhere, I’d live in Switzerland. (But, of course, in the Italian speaking region.)
4) I’ve considered myself a writer for as long as I can remember, but only found the courage to share my writing last year.
5) My hobbies are more those of an elderly woman than a “spry” 40-something. I love to cross-stitch, sew various things, go antiquing and garden.
6) My goal had been to earn my PhD in literatures (14th century Italian literature to be exact), but as I age, the likelihood of that becomes smaller and smaller. I would like to earn my PhD at some point, I just need to decide what courses I’d enjoy.
7) I think far too much than is good for anyone. As a result of that and of a degenerative condition I developed an anxiety disorder about 10 years ago and many days it is a struggle to be in large groups. So, I have become a shadow of the person I once was. I speak openly about it because far more people suffer from anxiety and depression than anyone wants to admit.
Now that you have a little bit of insight into who I am, I’d like to pass along these warm and fuzzy award to several other writers/bloggers I enjoy. I hope you’ll pay them a visit sometime.
http://swissmissteak.wordpress.com/ (a second blog site from a fabulous writer)