Thank you! Thank you!
I don’t know where to even begin.
First and foremost, I want to thank EasTraveller for the nomination. I am truly flattered and honored! Thank you!
I started this blog a little over a month ago to get into the habit of writing and gain some confidence. New life, new direction post-divorce. My topics are all over the place, but… that’s the joy of being me. Every view on the stats page is thrill for me. Thank you – all of you for taking time out of your life to read my random thoughts!
So here’s what I need to do (after I have thanked the nominating blogger): answer 11 questions, write 11 things about myself, then pass on the love.
1. What is the quality that you feel most proud of?
Looking at things from 10 different angles… But then I get confused sometimes.
2. If you choose to have one superpower, what will it be?
Knowing what you all are thinking. heh heh heh Imagine the things I’d be able to write then….
3. If the story of “Indecent Proposal” ever happens to you, what would you do?
If someone approached me who looked like Robert Redford? Really? 🙂
4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I called a business associate Lupa Dupa. Ya, I did. I couldn’t remember his name and that’s what it sounded like when he introduced himself when he called. My mouth just works too fast sometimes. He laughed. I’m thankful for that.
5. Is there anything you can’t do anymore but you wish you could? What is it?
A sit up.
6. What is the title of the last book you read?
“The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest” by Stieg Larsson I just didn’t want that series to end.
7. What is the first adjective you would think of when anyone asks you about China?
8. What is your favorite sport?
Anything my kids are playing
9. What do you want to ask if you ever meet a great fortuneteller?
When will I finish one of the books I’m writing?
10. What is your biggest superstition?
I have many. Not sure which one is the biggest
11. What do you do when you have some “ME time”?
11 things about me:
1. I can speak Italian – slowly.
2. I had dreamt of studying and teaching post-Dark Ages/pre-Renaissance Italian literature.
3. I love to cross-stitch.
4. The picture from my page is from atop Jungfraujoch in Switzerland. The highest train station in Europe. Above the clouds. (Yes, I took the photo.)
5. I love polka dots. I don’t know why. They just make me smile.
6. I love to travel. Alone is perfectly fine with me. Some of my best vacations/travels have been alone.
7. Among the 11 creatures inhabiting my home (besides the children and me) are a severe macaw, a bearded dragon and a chinchilla.
8. I think seadragons are fascinating creatures and I once pushed young children out of the way to watch a seahorse give birth at an aquarium once. (Sorry kids!)
9. I have never been able to grow my hair more than two inches past my shoulders. I don’t know why. I am follicly challenged and have terrible envy of women with long hair.
10. I have difficulty finishing projects if they take a long time. I lose interest in things quickly. I’m working on that.
11. I am in awe of people who follow their dreams and live off the beaten path. Hats off to all of them/you!
I’d like to nominate two established writers who actually have been inspirations to me, so it feels odd passing along their sites, but I’m so incredibly proud to do so… TheyStillCallMeDaddy and JennyBadman. I’d actually like to accompany their nominations with fond personal stories, but I think I’ll refrain right now.